Marsden Wesleyan Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Was established in 1810 using a house in the street known as 'The Planks' for meetings before moving to a house in Fall Lane at Bridge End around 1815.
A chapel was built in Brougham Road in 1824 before being rebuilt in 1871. A Sunday School was built next door between 1897-1898.
The congregation joined with Marsden Congregational Church 1967-1968 to form a United Church using the Congregational Church's premises in Peel Street.
The chapel and Sunday School in Brougham Road were sold in 1969.
The church is still in existence in 2009 and is known as Marsden United Reformed/Methodist Church.
Records relating to this church can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under the reference numbers NM/M, KC808/2/16, WYK1462.