Milnsbridge Aenon Baptist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
A Sunday School at Milnsbridge was founded by the Sunday School Union in 1829 and was taken over by Salendine Nook in 1830.
From 1830, the Sunday School used a room in Cassons Buildings, Manchester Road. The congregation established in 1834 from Salendine Nook used the room in Cassons Buildings for worship.
Between 1843-1844 a chapel was built at Bridge Croft, Chapel Lane and a Sunday School was built at the other end of the burial ground from the chapel.
From c1961 the congregation used the Sunday School for worship; the chapel was sold for use as commercial premises.
The Sunday School building closed in 2002 due to it being in bad repair.
The congregation used the the village hall in Armitage Road for services from 2002.
Now known as Milnsbridge Baptist Church, it is still in existence in 2009.