Paddock Trinity Methodist Church

From Off the Record
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Previously known as Paddock Methodist New Connexion Church.

Society existed pre-1825, using a house for meetings.

Sunday School built 1825-26.

Sunday School enlarged 1836.

Chapel built on north side of Church Street to west of railway bridge 1854-55.

Sunday School built behind chapel in Beech Street 1873.

Closed c.1954-60; congregation joined Paddock Wesley Methodist Church.

Sunday School used as a Civic Youth club by 1961.

Sunday School and chapel rebuilt to form larger Youth Club 1960s-70s.

N.B. This chapel is sometimes mistakenly referred to as a Wesleyan Reform Church.

Records relating to this church can be found under the reference number: NM/UM/P.