Primrose Hill Methodist New Connexion Church

From Off the Record
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Sunday School established from Huddersfield High Street New Connexion Church 1864, using an upstairs room.

Chapel built in Whitehead Lane 1867-68.

Chapel enlarged 1889 and 1894.

New chapel built in Stile Common Road c.1913-15.

Old chapel used as Sunday School from c.1915.

Sunday School sold 1945.

Closed 1979-80; congregation joined with Berry Brow and Newsome Methodist Churches to form Newsome South Methodist Church using premises at Berry Brow.

Chapel used by Church of God of Prophecy from 1980.

Records relating to this church can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under the reference number: WYK320.