Slaithwaite Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Previously known as Slaithwaite Wesleyan Reform Church then Carr Lane United Methodist Free Church.
Established by Wesleyan Reformers who seceded from Centenary Wesleyan Methodist Church 1851.
Used a room at the Wesleyan Methodist Sunday School at the "Long Baulk" in Kitchen Fold for services.
Moved to room in Laithe Lane 1853.
Became part of the United Methodist Free Churches 1857.
Chapel built between Carr Lane and Station Road 1870-71.
Sunday School premises within chapel extended 1923-24.
Called Carr Lane Bethel Methodist Church 1968-73.
Called Slaithwaite Methodist Church from 1973.
Still in existence 2009.
Records relating to this church can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under the reference number WYK294.