Zion Wesleyan Reform Church, Almondbury

From Off the Record
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Later Zion United Methodist Free Church.

Established c1850 by a group of Wesleyan Reformers who seceded from Almondbury Wesleyan Methodist Church.

From c1853 they used the old National School premises in Westgate as a chapel and the Sunday School was establised in 1853.

In 1960 the chapel closed and the congregation amalgamated with St Johns Methodist Church.

NB. Zion Church instituted the Whit Sunday Sing in Molly Carr Woods which still continues.

St John's Wesleyan Methodist Church, Almondbury