Birkby Baptist Church

From Off the Record
Revision as of 10:09, 18 July 2009 by >Cknight
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

These records can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under reference number NB/B and WYK1258

The congregation was established c1853 from Salendine Nook using a barn in Hillhouse and a small chapel was built at King's Cliffe in 1859.

From 1879 the congregation came under the care of Huddersfield New North Road before becoming a separate congregation in 1907.

A new chapel was built in Wheathouse Road 1909-1910 and the old chapel later became a joiner's shop.

The chapel closed in 2005 when it amalgamated with Huddersfield New North Road Baptist Church http://www.nnrbc.org