Marsh Methodist New Connexion Church

From Off the Record
Revision as of 14:48, 25 May 2011 by >Fhumphreys
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

A Sunday School was established in the 1850s, using a room in Entwistle's Buildings off Croft House Lane.

The Sunday School received help from Paddock Methodist New Connexion Church from 1860 and a Sunday School was built in Westbourne Road at the corner with Cleveland Road in 1862.

In 1875 the Sunday School was enlarged to make it into a chapel as well; it was subsequently enlarged in 1930.

The church closed in 1965 and the congregation joined Gledholt Methodist Church.

The church was later demolished and the site used as a petrol station.

Records relating to this church can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under the reference numbers NM/HSC, KC443, KC808/2/17 & KC870.