Underbank Wesleyan Methodist Church, Holmfirth

From Off the Record
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a backup copy of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. Editing and account creation are disabled.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Established c1850, using Joseph Marsh's house at 82 Dunford Road for services, then 78 Dunford Road from 1860. A Sunday School was established here in 1861 and a chapel was built at Ribbleden Road in 1863.

A Sunday School which was part of the chapel was enlarged in 1883 and the congregation from Holmfirth Wesleyan Methodist Church worshipped at Underbank between 1970 - 1976. It closed in 1976 and the congregation amalgamated with Holmfirth Wesleyan Church to form Holmfirth Methodist Church using the new chapel in Huddersfield Road.